Our Kinderhotel is located in Hirschegg, in the heart of the Kleinwalsertal on the northern edge of the Alps, in Austrian Vorarlberg. At an altitude of some 1250m you’ll find yourself in the most superb natural surroundings, which, from spring to autumn are robed in a variety of vibrant colours.
Winter in Kleinwalsertal provides snow-assuredness from December through to April and the ideal setting for a perfect holiday in a family skiing area. It is just a stone’s throw from the hotel to the main hiking routes in Kleinwalsertal, which can for the most part be used in summer and in winter. With our 47 cable cars and chairlifts in total, we take you quickly and comfortably up to undreamt-of heights and wonderful summits. The Walserbus takes you free of charge to your destinations within Kleinwalsertal.
Kleinwalsertal in Vorarlberg – experience the mountains naturally
Vorarlberg is the most westerly federal state in Austria, whose wide valleys, mighty mountain summits, lush green alpine pastures and mirror blue areas of water provide lasting enchantment from the very first glance.
Vorarlberg offers cordial hospitality and multi-faceted cuisine, from good home-cooking to ‘Hauben’ awarded fare. Kleinwalsertal in particular, with its inspiring range of leisure activities, traditions which are alive and well and its lively arts scene and vibrant cultural centres which open up new horizons, is the perfect place for your family holiday. In summer and winter alike.
Learn more about the versatile Kleinwalsertal
You can really enjoy the summer in our Kinderhotel and Familienhotel Alphotel. Whether you are in our hotel area or are visiting the sights in the valley, the calming atmosphere of the mountains works wonders.
- Right in our hotel area your little ones from the age of 2 can enjoy pony rides and golfers also come into their own here with us in Ällgau in Allgäu’s golfing paradise.
- As a family excursion a trip to Breitachklamm is particularly recommended. In the summer time millions of litres of water channel their way through the impressive gorge, which is enthralling thanks to its idyllic beauty. The icing on the cake is a trip through this natural work of art during an evening hike by torchlight.
- In scaling the Walmendingerhorn, Ifen and Kanzelwand, summiteers have many opportunities to enjoy their hobby even more with wonderful views. Here hiking becomes a real treat .
- Other interesting excursions and ideas for the perfect holiday are for instance, for the daredevils what about an excursion on our new mountain bikes, a climbing tour in the Bärenfalle high ropes park or a journey on the Alpine Coaster toboggan run.
- On days when it is too hot for sporting activities without some refreshments, family rafting or a trip on the water skiing lift in Blaichach is the perfect past-time for the whole family.
- Tranquillity and harmony can be found at the Walser Omgang, for those in search of liberation and self-determination. Be enchanted by the 8 trails which have different features.
The 2 areas in the Kleinwalsertal ski area score points with 120 challenging kilometres of pistes. There are also exciting deep snow pistes and three snow parks: Crystal Ground, Wood Ground and Almdudler Fellhornpark.
47 Cable cars and chair lifts can be used with just one ski pass, which means nothing stands in the way of you enjoying a variety-filled day on the pistes. We are happy to provide information about the latest prices for the different cards.
As an alternative programme for non-skiers, snowboarders and freeriders, we suggest a snow-shoe hike or a cross-country skiing session in the unspoilt alpine realm. A demanding day in the snow can be very well combined with a romantic time together as a couple or with the whole family, with a horse-drawn sleigh ride or adventurous fun on a dog-sled ride.